The All-Time Greatest Hits
Looking for some good reads? You’ve come to the right place. Click around and see if something interests you. If you can’t find a post on a topic, contact me. I’m always looking for new article ideas.
I’m pretty sure I should learn something about taxes or retirement or something but right now I’m just trying to figure out how the printers work.
- Case Study: 1st Year Associate Budget
- 11 Financial Mistakes Lawyers Make and How to Avoid Them
- Develop a System to Capture Reimbursable Expenses
- Is an Emergency Fund Necessary?
- Why You Should Be Getting a Big Fat IRS Refund
- 5 Financial Steps for Savvy Summer Associates
- Your Rent Has A Big Impact On Building Wealth
- Contribute to 401(k) or Pay Off Student Loans?
- Should I Borrow Money in Law School to Fund a Roth IRA?
- Are Lawyers Not Smart About Money?
I read a book about retirement and a book about investing, now I’m ready to open my 401K. My assistant knows my name and is finally convinced I’m sticking around.
- Backdoor Roth IRA: A How-To Guide
- How Well Do You Understand Odds?
- My Worst Financial Mistake (or How I Lost $10,000)
- How to Choose Your Income and Get Rich Slowly
- Seven Tax Deductions Lawyers Overlook
- Your Savings Rate is More Important Than Your Rate of Return
- Why I Love The Roth IRA
- Five Ideas From Stoic Philosophy That Can Make You Wealthy
- Saving Your First $100K is the Hardest
My marginal tax rate is killing me, so I’m really incentivized to keep my effective tax rate low. What options do I have? And also, where can I find “own occupation” disability insurance?
- The Stealth IRA: Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Are You Paying Alternative Minimum Tax?
- Financial Independence: Do You Really Want It?
- State Capital Gains Taxes: Where Should You Sell?
- How To Avoid Taxes on Charitable Donations By Giving Stock
- Secrets of a $100,000,000 Roth IRA
- Where Are All The Rich Lawyers?
I think it makes sense to stretch my Roth IRA so I can avoid estate penalty taxes. How should I set that up?